Sunday, November 07, 2010

I Dream of Batanes

The wanderlust in each of us takes us to places we never thought possible and leaves us wanting for more real life-changing experiences and breathtaking adventures.
Whether or not we have treaded the far reaches of the earth, I truly believe that "Home is where the heart is".
The 7,107 islands of the Philippines are our priceless treasures and having gone to several places in our country makes me all the more realize that the most beautiful places and extreme adventures just lie within our borders.

There is but one place that intrigues and lures me to no end yet seem to be far from my reach.The closest encounter I have with this place comes from either the glossy pages of travel books/magazines or from vivid details of travel shows like Trip na Trip and Sports Unlimited.

A lot has been told and raved about Batanes and one day I look forward to set foot and immerse in the experience myself.
A place that embodies tranquility and pristine beauty with an enduring mystique is how I'd imagine Batanes to be.

I marvel at the ingenuity and steadfast nature of the Ivatans as they managed to weather the frequent assualts of nature. Those sturdy stonewalled houses capped with thatched roof have withstood the test of time and stand out as works of art born out from their skilled hands. How I would love to slowly walk past these houses and savor the cool weather on a uphill climb. I'm sure this would be one of those precious moments when I could just close my eyes, feel the breeze and be grateful for life's blessings.

There is so much I would want to see and discover about winter in Batanes and hopefully the next time I write about this place, it would be my own story told and moments captured.

** SEA Air operates direct flights from Manila to Batanes.
As the holidays are fast approaching, SEA Air is running a contest for bloggers where winners will get round-trip tickets from Manila to Basco with accommodations in Basco. All you need to do is write a blog entry on why you should be chosen to join the tour. The contest runs from October 27 - December 20, 2010.

This is one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities that I can't afford to miss and pray for a stroke of luck to come my way =)

My gratitude to The Out of Town Blogger http://outoftownblog.com/win-free-trip-to-batanes-join-seair-bloggers-contest/

and to

SEA Air http://flyseair.com/ and
SEA Air Facebook fanpage http://www.facebook.com/flyseair?v=wall/

for making dreams possible!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home