Tuesday, June 15, 2004

A Rebirth

Mental dialogues drummed into my head
Creating conniving illusions out of the blue,
patiently sketching a vague portrait of you
Gingerly drawing those sharp angles clean,
neither with overused watercolor tubes
nor with that blunt charcoal pencil
Just these frenzied cerebral hemispheres

Always caught up in poignant excuses
Whether to embrace such jarred reality
or get wrapped in fleeting daydreams
Do I have to wrestle against fate
and plead with the gods of chance?
For what remains are memories of you

I would care less even if the distant horizon
steals the shadows of the night with dreams
Straining these eyes yet pushing the pen
Groping for words, forgetting the rhyme
Only minding this drifting train of thought

Sketches or words? Whichever...I never know
As this sanity tunnels through the depths,
Wrap me with the night's eternal embrace
Let me ponder; let my thoughts co-exist

Watch the daybreak as it harbors unspoken hopes
As it carries away memories of a distant pain
As it whispers promises of a new beginning

If yesterday I woke up missing the sunshine
Today, I vow to embrace its light

This would be more than one fine day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home